ContourDesign Shuttle Forum

User forums for Contour Design ShuttlePROv2, ShuttleXpress and the original ShuttlePRO
* Login   * Register

Search Help, Settings, FAQs

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Mac Specific FAQ's
PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:31 am 
Site Admin

Q: Is Mac OS X Yosemite (10.10) and OS X Mavericks compatible with the Contour Design Shuttle software/driver?

A: Yes! Please download and install the v3 driver from our Shuttle Download section here on the forum. You may need to uninstall any previous version of the driver by running the Uninstall Contour Shuttle app in the Applications/Utilities folder on your Mac.

Q: How come my Shuttle doesn't work after installing the latest Shuttle for Mac software?

A: Please see our Mavericks and Yosemite Troubleshooting page in the Shuttle Help forum.

Q: I downloaded the new Mac driver, Version 3. I love it, but can't import my old settings that I made in the previous (2.21) Shuttle software. What gives?!

A: Version 3 of the Shuttle software has been written from the ground up and is not compatible with previous version's settings files, unfortunately. You can always make new settings with the Version 3 driver, or check this forum to see if anyone has uploaded any.

Q: In the new Mac driver (Version 3) Read Me, it mentions deleting the "com.contourdesign.shuttle.settings.plist" file in my home folder/Library/Preferences folder. I don't have a Library folder in my home folder. Do you mean the Library folder in the System Folder of my hard drive?

A: No, we mean the Library folder in your home folder. In OS 10.7 and later it is hidden by default. The following link will help us explain it, and help you find that folder.
http://mac.tutsplus.com/tutorials/produ ... tain-lion/

Q: The settings I have modified aren't working in FinalCut Pro (or any other program). It just uses the old settings instead. What's up with that?

A: When you have FCP open (or which ever program you're using), click the Shuttle menu at the top of the screen, and choose the FCP (or other program) setting you modified.
Attachment:
Shuttle Menu FCP.png
Shuttle Menu FCP.png [ 12.28 KiB | Viewed 12403 times ]

For v3 Shuttle software: You can delete any unwanted settings in the Shuttle App, by right-clicking the setting’s app icon (Control-clicking) and choosing Remove Settings.

For v2.2 and earlier versions: Open the Contour Shuttle application, choose the setting you want to delete in the drop down menu and then in the drop down menu choose Remove Settings.

We also have a newly completed user guide that’s available from our download section here on the forum.

Q: The directions on the install CD or the Shuttle driver I downloaded from the website mention changing the Keyboard and Mouse System Preference for FinalCut users. In Snow Leopard, these are two separate System Prefs. What do I do, and why do I have to do this in the first place?
A: Apple's keyboard shortcuts for things such as keyboard navigation in the Finder and FinalCut Pro's shuttle feature are the same keyboard shortcuts. Turning these shortcuts off or changing them in System Preferences keeps them from interfering when editing in FinalCut. For Snow Leopard systems, open System Preferences, click on the Keyboard, then the Keyboard Shortcuts tab, then Keyboard & Text input on the left side of the window. Uncheck all of the shortcuts that are listed. You can also uncheck those in Expose and Spaces as well. Next, open a FinalCut project and test the jog and shuttle functions of the Shuttle.

Q: When I use my Shuttle with FinalCut, my menu bar at the top of the screen goes nuts and I hear an error sound. What's the deal with that?
A: Please see the answer to the previous question.

Q: On my Mac, my Shuttle won't work with iMovie 09 [Or Insert Your Application Name Here]. What can I do to get it to work?
A: In order to get iMovie 09 to work with your Shuttle, try this:
1. Open the Contour Shuttle application (Shuttle Settings).
2. Under the Application Settings dropdown menu, choose "Apple iMovie."
3. Choose "Create New Settings" under the dropdown menu and "Copy from Apple iMovie" then click OK.
4. A window will open that wants you to choose the application to use the Shuttle with. Locate iMovie in your Applications folder, then click the Open button in the window.
5. Another window will open asking you to name the setting. You can name it "Apple iMovie New" or something different than "Apple iMovie" so you can distinguish it from the old setting set.
6. In the Application setting drop down menu, choose the new set you just named in the previous step.
7. Launch iMovie and test the Shuttle to see if it works with it.

Q: I am getting an error when installing the Shuttle software on my Mac. What can I do to get it to install properly?
A: You can try fixing your disk permissions. To do this, open the Disk Utility application located in your Applications/Utility folder. In the left hand side of the Disk Utility window, click on the disk with your OS X install (usually Macintosh HD), then click the "Repair Disk Permissions" button located toward the bottom of that window. Repairing your disk permissions may take 15 or more minutes, depending on how much data you have on your hard drive. After the disk permissions repair is complete, reinstall the Shuttle software.

Q: Okay, I've loaded the latest Shuttle software, and am using FinalCut. The Shuttle works in other application such as QuickTime and Safari, but not in FinalCut. What am I doing wrong?
A: If you're using the latest Shuttle software and you can see the FinalCut version settings in the drop down menu of the Contour Shuttle application (Shuttle Settings) , you probably just need to tell the Shuttle software which FinalCut setting you want to use. Many programs when they are updated are not recognized by older Shuttle settings, and new settings need to be made in order for the Shuttle to work with the new version of the target application. In most cases, FinalCut users need to choose the correct FinalCut setting to use. At the top of the screen next to the date in the menu bar, there is a Shuttle wheel icon. Click the icon when FinalCut is open and choose which setting you would like to use as shown in the photo below. You can go back and delete the unwanted settings files by choosing the unwanted setting in the Application Settings dropdown menu in the Contour Shuttle application and then choosing Remove Setting at the top of the Application Settings drop down men.[/b]
Attachment:
File comment: FCP 7
fcp7.png
fcp7.png [ 71.4 KiB | Viewed 18744 times ]

Q: I have a non-extended keyboard and need to type in numbers using the Number Pad. How can I do this?
A: 1. Open System preferences, then choose “Keyboard", then click on the "Input Sources" tab.
2. Click the plus sign (+) and choose “U.S. Extended" or whichever language you prefer, as long as it has an extended keyboard listed.
3. Make sure the "Show Input menu in menu bar" is checked.
4. At the top of the screen next to your date and time, choose your extended keyboard (in this example, I’ve chosen U.S. Extended).
5. Choose "Show Keyboard Viewer”, and an onscreen keyboard will show up. Click the F6 key to enable your extended onscreen keyboard. You can now click on the number pad numbers using your mouse or trackpad to type numbers into the Shuttle application.
Attachment:
keyboard.png
keyboard.png [ 124.99 KiB | Viewed 5747 times ]

Attachment:
keyboard2.png
keyboard2.png [ 34.81 KiB | Viewed 5747 times ]

Attachment:
keyboard3.png
keyboard3.png [ 90.55 KiB | Viewed 5747 times ]

shuttle@contourdesign.com

Report this post

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 1 post ]