ContourDesign Shuttle Forum

User forums for Contour Design ShuttlePROv2, ShuttleXpress and the original ShuttlePRO
* Login   * Register

Search Help, Settings, FAQs

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:36 pm 

I'm still a new bee on using the shuttle pro 2. I originally set up the function buttons for use primarily with Final Cut Pro 7 and put the paper tabs in the top 9 button caps to help me remember who does what. I realize that the shuttle will automatically switch settings to programs other than FCP7 when that new program is started. I also realize that when using the shuttle in any program, you can instantly display the current settings on screen by toggling the settings button under the shuttle icon in the top menu display line.

My question: is there or can there be an alternative display that shows the settings for the new program in a significantly smaller way so one doesn't have to keep toggling the settings display on & off? For example, screen real-estate is at a super premium in Digital Performer, which I am just starting to learn. There are more layers and screens to the program than any self respecting onion ever thought of growing. The cues to pull up additional layers for inspection and editing are already so tiny that they are easily missed. Having the current size of shuttle settings displayed, conflicts with hunting for those visual cues and or blocks the view of the material to be edited.

Personally, I don't need or want the description of the keyboard clicks, so that column could go bye bye. Why over load my memory with keyboard clicks when the purpose of the shuttle keys is avoid keyboard clicking anyhow? All one really needs is the button # and the "comment" of what it does, IMO. If this is the case, could another drop down menu item be added under the shuttle icon for an abbreviated horizontal, 1 line space saving tab of the settings? Or use a smaller graphic of the top 9 key buttons with just the "comment" inside an oval?

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:18 am 

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't know if you're using the latest v3 driver, but there is a new addition to the Shuttle UI that lets users get notified of which setting is in use using OS X's Notification Center. This feature is not available in the v2.2 driver. If you do update to the v3 driver, any custom Shuttle settings you have made with the v2 driver will need to be recreated. There is currently no way to import v2 settings into the v3 driver.

When you switch applications or even settings within the application, a small notification window will appear for a few seconds in the right-hand top corner of the screen.
Attachment:
notifications.png
notifications.png [ 36.05 KiB | Viewed 2526 times ]

You can turn this on and off in the Contour Shuttle app's preferences.
Attachment:
shuttle_prefs.png
shuttle_prefs.png [ 43.65 KiB | Viewed 2526 times ]

In the Notifications System Preferences (from the Apple Menu, choose System Preferences) you can choose the level of notifying you want OS X to do, depending on the application. Choose the middle option for the smaller window.
Attachment:
notifications2.png
notifications2.png [ 115.2 KiB | Viewed 2526 times ]

Does that help?

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 9:49 pm 

I would really like to see a notification or the old pop up that showed when you switched settings in the application you are currently in. I switch apps all the time and it is really frustrating to constantly see the pop window tell me what app I am in. I really only need to see what setting I am on when I switch and ideally I would like to see text at the top or a small floating window tell me my current shuttle pro setting. In Pro Tools and Cubase I have several different settings I switch between.

Report this post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:26 pm 

Bump!

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:29 pm 

Looks like these forums need a moderator.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:05 pm 

skillet wrote:
Looks like these forums need a moderator.

That is not really the problem. A higher level of support interaction could be what you are looking for.

But I have done something, I have filed a complained for your message with the comment that somebody is looking for attention, let us see what happens.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:59 pm 

Hello,

Sorry this went unnoticed for so long. I am the new Shuttle support technician at Contour Design and I am trying to get a handle on the forum so it might take some time. Anyways, this is a good idea. I am going to forward this to our driver developers. I don't know how quickly this feature could be added, but I'll put a bug in their ears so that they know users are interested in this.

Best regards,

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:16 pm 

I got a response from our developers. This feature is still available for Mac users in the Contour Shuttle Preferences. And our Windows developer assured me that it would be added to the "to do" list for the next version of the driver.

Best regards,

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:04 pm 

Thank you, what they probably didn't understand is that I am not asking for a pop-up but rather something that pops up only when I switch settings within the application itself. It is so frustrating to see that Apple pop up for every app I switch too. I really just only need it when I switch between settings within an application. So glad that there is a moderator now that is wonderful news!

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:14 pm 

Bump :)

Report this post