ContourDesign Shuttle Forum

User forums for Contour Design ShuttlePROv2, ShuttleXpress and the original ShuttlePRO
* Login   * Register

Search Help, Settings, FAQs

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:03 am 

I am having an extremely annoying problem with my Shuttle Pro V2.

I use it as an edit controller with Final Cut Pro X, which I use constantly. I produce and edit promotional and instructional video for my employer.

Seems like just about every day when I sit down to edit, the controller is completely unresponsive and won't do anything, no matter what I do in Contour Settings. It's just dead.

If I unplug it from the USB port and plug it back in, everything's fine ... usually for the rest of the day, but sometimes for a few hours. But it's a pain to have to keep unplugging and replugging the unit. That's not how things are supposed to work.

I've updated to the latest driver. I'm on Mac OS El Capitan, and the latest FCPX.

I tried contacting Contour last week but despite their auto-responder saying they'd be back to me "shortly," they apparently chose to ignore the message. I sent them another one today.

This controller seemed like a good value but if the company doesn't support it, I probably would have been better off spending more money on a more robust device. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

My Shuttle Pro V2 is only a few months old but it's silver, not black like the current ones. I wonder if they changed more than the color recently.

Scott

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:46 am 

Hi Wheatstone,

Unfortunately, some code in the current iteration of the driver is not compatible with El Capitan, which is the cause of this issue. It didn't affect all users, which made it very difficult to find the solution. Our developers were working with Apple's team to find a solution. Since the release of Sierra 10.12.1, this issue has gone away. If you are able to update to 10.12.1, I would recommend upgrading and reinstalling your driver. If you aren't able to update, please reach out to me directly at shuttle@contourdesign.com, and hopefully I can help find a solution for you.

Take care,

Report this post

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:26 pm 

Hello, I have the same problem on Mac, the shuttle pro v2 randomly disconnects... It´s frustrating to unplug it and plug it again to make it work.
At least, while you are trying to analyze what could be wrong... Is there some command line that "unplug" the controller, and plug it again? I tried via "sudo kextunload" but rebooted my machine.
Thanks in advance
divarak

Forgot to tell:

1: By the way... The driver installer version (3.0.39) does not match with the description of the installer ... It says: "March 12th, 2015 Version 3.0 (build 33)"
2: I am using OSX Sierra 10.12.1

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:16 pm 

I'm having the same issue as well.

Running Sierra 10.12.3
iMac (27-inch, Mid 2011)
3.4 GHz i7
16 GB Ram

Have to unplug and replug ever time I open Premiere. Was working fine in previous OS X.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:44 am 

@Anthony HS

Sorry you are experiencing this issue. Did you just recently update to Sierra or was it working fine and all of sudden this started happening? Also, does the Shuttle only stop working after opening Premiere? Does it work fine before opening Premiere or does this happen with other applications?

Thanks,

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:13 pm 

Hi.

I recently updated to Sierra. The shuttle stops working in Premiere and After Effects.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:37 pm 

@Anthony HS

Does it only stop working in those two applications? Can you try reinstalling the driver? Sometimes with the OS update, the driver needs to be reinstalled.

Attachment:
File comment: Shuttle Driver v3.0.39
Contour-Shuttle-3.0.39.zip [7.93 MiB]
Downloaded 77 times

I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 3:00 pm 

Hi. Thanks for the response. I reinstalled the driver and things appear to be working much more smoothly - previous issue seem to be resolved. Your help is deeply appreciated.
Cheers!
SEE BELOW... THIS DIDN'T WORK.

Last edited by Anthony HS on Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:40 pm 

Hold the press! I take that back. After a restart shuttle pro is back to it's old ways of no longer working unless I unplug and replug the usb. So, reinstalling the drivers did not solve this issue.

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:08 am 

Hello, I am having the same problem, it justs disconnects, and cannot find some log or another data to figure out why is disconnecting... I tried to reload the kexts of the Shuttle, but my computer just reboot when I unload the kext....

Please help! It is becoming a problem unplug and replug the Shuttle everytime I want to use it!!

Report this post