ContourDesign Shuttle Forum

User forums for Contour Design ShuttlePROv2, ShuttleXpress and the original ShuttlePRO
* Login   * Register

Search Help, Settings, FAQs

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: ShuttlePRO v2
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:57 pm 

I have been using the ShuttlePro since the original unit was introduced at NAB several years ago. I am currently using the ShuttlePro V2 as the cable on the original unit developed a break a couple of years back. I use it for all the programs in the Final Cut Studio package, as well as a number of other programs including Apple web browser Safari & Mail. The reason I initially picked it up was in an effort to assist some of my Final Cut Pro students who were having difficulty remembering the keyboard shortcuts. As I was a film editor for 30 yrs. prior to switching to FCP in 2000, I had no problem retaining over 200 of the keyboard shortcuts in memory, however I soon learned that this was not the norm with my students. Therefore I picked up a colour coded keyboard & a ShuttlePro. In 1987 I set up the first full time film school in Canada, Vancouver Film School & was head of instruction from Sept. 1987 - April 1990 & taught Film Editing. In my parallel career of 30 plus years of teaching film making skills, I found most of my students to be very creative. my task as an instructor has always been to try to remove the roadblocks that impede the flow of that creativity, which is usually technology which gets in the way. The ShuttlePro is a tool that assists in this effort.

Back in May 2003 I wrote an article for Michael Horton's FCPUG about how I was using the ShuttlePro at that time. Since then I have continued to explore new uses for the ShuttlePro. Last night I was busy setting the unit up to use with the 3D program Kinemac.

http://www.lafcpug.org/tutorials/basic_shuttlepro.html

All the best.

Dave Hardy

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Re: ShuttlePRO v2
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:36 am 

Hi Dave!

I hope things are still going well. We have been busy creating new educational tools for the Shuttle. If needed I'm happy to help develop new materials or to provide you with those that we currently have. We have a video in the works too.

I always find it fun and interesting to work with instructors. And we are always open to any questions, comments or recommendations that you may have.

Thank you for sharing and feel free to call or write anytime!

Best Wishes,
Heather

Direct #: 617-329-5315
Email: heatherb@contourdesign.com

Contour Design, Inc. 10 Industrial Dr. Windham, NH 03087
Shuttle Site: http://shuttle.contourdesign.com

Report this post