ContourDesign Shuttle Forum

User forums for Contour Design ShuttlePROv2, ShuttleXpress and the original ShuttlePRO
* Login   * Register

Search Help, Settings, FAQs

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:33 pm 

I'd really like to use the jog and shuttle wheel to control effects and color correction within FCPX. Trying to make small adjustments within the color board or using effects sliders is difficult.

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:37 pm 

I really want to be able to use my Contour Shuttle Xpress to have AI knob control similar to this Cubase controller:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/CMCAI/

This steinberg controller only works with cubase and nuendo. I would like to see the Contour Shuttle Xpress able to do the same thing universally, meaning, in any program featuring 'digital' or virtual knobs in a software program.

The AI knob works by hovering the cursor over the virtual knob on the screen and then turning the physical knob on the controller to adjust the virtual knob by hand.

I would think to accomplish this is woud need to record a mouse movement ONLY right or left, as that will control the knobs.

If this has already been done, please let me know!

I love my contour shuttle and thank you for making it!

But I bought it thinking it would turn knobs like I described above and that seems to be the only thing it cannot do. However, the controller has still become a staple in my digital audio workstation and my digital graphics workstation as well.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:56 am 

The ability to chord and use modifiers in osx

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:51 pm 

I would like ability to set up custom key state for when a key is released on the Shuttle Pro v2. so.. there would be two states for custom key assignment, i.e., 1. what happens when you press the key, 2. what happens when you release it.

regards,
William

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:56 pm 

RFC3251 wrote:
The Shuttle's problem isn't lack of setting files (on the contrary), it's the limitations its engine and control panel impose on our ability to create useful configurations. Good hardware being held back by crippled software.

You need to get the Shuttle Pro.. I could easily see the value of both devices when I made my original purchase.
~peace

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:19 pm 

A many of us are STILL waiting for the ability to 'chord' buttons. I see posts for this stretching back for a long long time. I have seen promises, but no results. I work in audio post for film. I know a lot of folks that would buy your product if this ability existed. That and the ability to truly scrub in pro tools. Its a bit frustrating.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:51 am 

Hi Joshua,

We apologize for the frustration and for the delay in getting these updates done. It did take some time for us to be able to update the driver. Believe me I pestered management. :D

Happily I can say we have been very active over the past couple weeks with these updates. Our conference call last week had everyone energized and working to meet a 5-6 week deadline. Development is happening on more than just the software. There's no more promising because it's all under way.

Thanks so much,
Heather

Direct #: 617-329-5315
Email: heatherb@contourdesign.com

Contour Design, Inc. 10 Industrial Dr. Windham, NH 03087
Shuttle Site: http://shuttle.contourdesign.com

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:44 am 

Great news, Heather. Thanks to you for pushing this issue with mgmt. and to the engineers making it happen. ;)

Report this post

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:45 am 

I am really disappointed. I see a lot of promises being made regarding functionality (modifier keys and chording) and no forward motion. Im sorry I spent the money.

Report this post

Post subject: Pro Tools scrub setting-
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:42 am 

Being a fan of the shuttle pro v2 and savvy Pro Tools user I thought I might chime in at this point.

I see a lot of people wanting a true scrub feature in Pro Tools from the shuttle po v2. I agree, the out-of-the-box 'digidesign pro tools setting' offers only basic functionality so I modified this setting for my own use and believe I have scrubbing working flawlessly. The problem with the factory default PT setting is that the shuttle's outer ring control (the spring back ring) is divided into too many velocity zones. I have basically cut out all velocities except one; which is real-time playback. In effect, real-time playback is assigned to all zones of this ring control.

The action in PT:
A clockwise turn of 'outer ring' on the shuttle will cause the selected pro tools track to be soloed and playback at real-time no matter the degree the user rotates the control. When the ring control is released, playback is stopped and the track is un-soloed. An anti-clockwise rotation will do the same but in a negative direction on the time line.
-- I have found this function invaluable for vocal editing/comping.

download my three templates here: You will have to use the shuttle mapping software to see how I have assigned the other shuttle buttons. I have written a description for every function I have assigned;

https://docs.google.com/open?id=1qoXfy9 ... Z2eO9kXM0J

Nb: the one you should start with is called 'pro tools navigate'. This is the one in which scrub is set up to function as described above.

Instructions;
1. delete 'digidesign pro tools' from the settings list. If you don't, this will be the default setting when you launch PT and you wont be able to switch to my settings.

2. download and import the settings into the shuttle app.

3. You will see them listed in the settings list.
- pro tools navigate
- pro tools edit
- pro tools plug-in

4. launch Pro Tools; hit the shuttle's upper left most button (button 1) to switch between the templates.

3. A note on the Jog wheel-
You can use the shuttle's jog wheel to move the playback head along the time line. However, the speed of the cursor is solely dependent on your grid value setting in pro tools. Larger grid values eg; 1 bar or 1 second, will yield much faster jog speeds as these are large increments. low grid values eg; 1/16th note or 10 samples will yield very slow jog speeds.

I hope this helps.

Report this post

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next