ContourDesign Shuttle Forum

User forums for Contour Design ShuttlePROv2, ShuttleXpress and the original ShuttlePRO
* Login   * Register

Search Help, Settings, FAQs

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Cubase 9
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:12 pm 

The ShuttlePro worked fine in Cubase 8.5, but noe the jog wheel doesn't work properly. Anyone having this problem, or know where to find a solution? I have a message up on the Steinberg forum, and I'm not the only one with this problem. Help! I love Cubase 9, but I NEED my ShuttlePro for every aspect.

Report this post

Post subject: Re: Cubase 9
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:11 am 

Hi raynaldo_wcth,

I actually recently addressed this in another post, http://forums.contourdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7869&hilit=cubase. Maybe you can share this with the other forum you mentioned in your message.

Since you have updated from version 8.5 to 9, it's possible the identifiers have changed which would cause the Shuttle to not recognize Cubase. I'll provide instructions on how to copy your v8.5 settings to v9. You didn't mention if you are using a Mac or Windows PC, so I will list both below.

For Mac
In the Shuttle Device Configuration
- Select the Cubase 8.5 settings in the applications list.
- Choose "Copy to new settings..." in the Tools menu (gear icon at the bottom).
- Select the Cubase 9 application in the file picker that pops up.

For Windows
- Highlight the Cubase 8.5 settings in the application setting field.
- Then click Options > Create New Settings > Copy contents from current settings.
- Then choose the Cubase 9 executable file in the file selector pop up.

This will create new settings for Cubase 9. Give the Shuttle a try now and let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:14 pm 

Hi, and thank you for the response. Your instructions were the first thing I had tried (probably should have mentioned that), but to no avail. I can't help but believe that the problem lies in Cubase 9. All the ShuttlePro v2 buttons work great, but for some reason the jog wheel doesn't function properly. It works fine when I go back to Cubase 8.5 using Sierra OS, but not the Cubase 9. When I had upgraded to Sierra, I had thought maybe that was the conflict (I did both upgrades at the same time; Cubase 9 and Sierra), but I can safely rule that out. For now, I'll go back and forth between versions 8.5 and 9, so as the use my Shuttlepros (I have one for each of my three computers) and hopefully Cubase resolves the problem on how it receives jog/scrub commands via usb controllers. Thanks for a exceptionally useful product at a reasonable price. My studio is my primary source of income, and any tools that can facilitate faster, better quality work, are sacred to me. Thanks. Raynaldo Martine.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:15 pm 

Hi Raynaldo,

Thank you for the compliments. If you updated to Sierra too, I would try reinstalling the Shuttle driver again. http://www.contourdesign.com/US/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Contour-Shuttle-3.0.39.zip Sometimes the driver doesn't fully survive the OS update and reinstalling the driver fixes any issues. I hope this helps.

Best regards,

Attachments:
File comment: Shuttle Driver
Contour-Shuttle-3.0.39.zip [7.93 MiB]
Downloaded 75 times

Report this post

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:00 pm 

I can confirm that the Shuttle Pro V2 driver does not work properly with the jog wheel in Cubase 9. It did work perfeclty in Cubase 8.5. Everything else works, except that. I tried reinstalling the driver, as well as everything else you said.

Can you guys please work on a fix for this asap? I love the Shuttle also, and it is a real shame that it does not work properly on Cubase 9.

To confirm it is a problem with the Shuttle driver.

I have Shuttle Zone 7 set to hold key Control+Shift+7 to Shuttle Play 8x in Cubase 9. It seems to work perfectly in the Contour Shuttle settings program. When I hold Control+Shift+7 on the keyboard, it also works perfectly in Cubase 9. However, when I operate the Shuttle in Cubase 9, it does not work.

I hope you guys can solve this soon. Thanks! :)

Also, I am on Mac Sierra 10.12.3.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:45 am 

Hi All,

Here are updated settings for Cubase 9 for Mac.

Attachment:
File comment: Cubase 9 (Mac)
Cubase 9.zip [4.8 KiB]
Downloaded 66 times

They are pretty new, so please test them out and let me know if you notice any issues.

Best regards,

Angel

Report this post